July is a great month for mid-season perennial color. Many plants are in flower or getting ready to flower! Identify a “green” area in your garden now. Keep your eyes open around your neighborhood landscape for what you like. Then come into the nursery to check out our big assortment of Grown Fresh perennials and get planting!!
Currently blooming alongside the Creek Side Perennial Pathway:
- Coreopsis – yellow, red and bicolor daisy-like flowers from short to tall in height
- Coneflower – originally a pink prairie wildflower, now in a variety of colors
- Shasta Daisy – the classic white daisy in a variety of height, now yellow as well
- Bee Balm – tall or short, pink, red or lavender, great for butterflies
- Daylily – hardy, short or tall, Stella d’Oro gold rebloomer
- Russian Sage – heat tolerant, blue flowers in classic tall or new dwarf forms
- Gaillardia – yellow, red and bicolor daisy like flowers, mounding habit
- Hyssop – flowers perfect for hummingbirds, heat tolerant
- Lavender – great fragrance in blue colors, heat and drought tolerant
- Phlox – another garden classic, mid-height, pink, lavender and white, butterflies love
- Veronica – blue, pink or white spikey flowers last a long time
Speak with one of our Green Team garden experts to determine what plants will work best in your personal landscape! Over 300 varieties chosen especially for Colorado gardeners Grown Fresh for you right here at Creek Side Gardens!
Perennial Greenhouse Planting
The Green Team is in the process of planting perennial crops for next season. Did you know that we plant the larger pots of perennials in the summer from small starter plants? Then we grow them through the summer and fall seasons, get them ready for winter, tuck them in and put them to bed for the winter. Un-tuck them the following spring, get them growing and make them beautiful for you that next spring and summer season? Yes, we carefully nurture those plants for a full year so that they are absolutely the very best plants they can be for our Creek Side customers! That is the Grown Fresh difference that Creek Side Gardens has to offer. Ask us for a tour of the summer production greenhouses. We will show you how it is done!