Helpful numbers when shopping for potting soil:
- 1 US dry quart = 0.033420139 cubic foot.
- 5 gallon bucket = 14 dry quarts = 0.54 ft³
- How to calculate amount of potting soil needed for containers (*not included in Tables below)
- Convert all dimensions from inches into feet. ( 3” ÷ 12” = .25 feet)
- Multiply the three dimensions together (length x width x height) to find the number of cubic feet needed.
- Divide the cubic feet by the number of cubic feet in a cubic yard (27) to find the number of cubic yards (150 ÷ 27 = 5.56 cubic yards)
Creek Side Gardens features Pro Mix Potting Soil for Container Gardens and Nature’s Yield products for raised bed gardening –
Pro Mix ~ 8 dry quarts = .28 Cubic Feet for $6.95/bag
Pro Mix ~ 25 dry quarts = 1.0 Cubic Feet for $10.95/bag
Pro Mix ~ 72 dry quarts = 2.8 Cubic Feet for $22.95/bag
Nature’s Yield Outdoor Planters Mix ~ 39 dry quarts = 1.5 cubic feet for $9.95/bag
For more information about Colorado Garden Soils: click here